PracticeFirst™, powered by MatchMySound™, is a truly affordable way to allow your students to practise anytime, anywhere, on most internet-enabled devices. Students receive instantaneous & intuitive feedback, allowing them to gain meaningful insights into the quality of their practice and accelerate their achievement. Perfect for band, orchestra, choral, and solo instrumental & vocal practice, PracticeFirst gives music teachers easy-to-use tools for creating assignments.
PracticeFirst is the industry leader in providing detailed and nuanced student performance feedback, assessing accuracy in:
- Upload your own exercise notation or audio files, or use included method books and repertoire.
- Click-track (floating tempo) or metronome options for recording.
- Adjust assessment rigor from "easy" to "hard", and set score threshold for submission.
- Tailored for students of all levels
- Comes with exercises and pieces, and also allows you to create your own
- Create exercises with multiple parts from multipart scores
- Assesses rhythmic and pitch accuracy
- Assignment types include memorisation and sight reading modes
- Grading scale can be adjusted from easy to hard
- Works for polyphonic instruments like piano and guitar
- Teachers can now let students choose their instrument themselves when practising
- Includes a built-in tuner for instruments that need to be tuned before playing
- “Click track” option in place of the metronome for exercises with floating tempo
- A great practice and assessment tool, perfect for choral students
- Fully integrated with the MusicFirst Classroom's gradebook, scheduling, portfolio-building and other features.
- Use our content, or upload your own
Free, ready-to-use method books and repertoire for band, chorus, and orchestra including:
Foundations of Superior Performance
Standard of Excellence Band Method, Books 1, 2
Tradition of Excellence Band Method, Books 1, 2, 3
Standard of Excellence Festival Solos Books 1, 2, 3
Standard of Excellence Festival Ensembles Books 1,2
All for Strings Books 1, 2, 3
String Basics 1, 2, 3
Measures of Success
Habits of a Successful Musician (complete series)
You Won't Miss a Beat Assessments
Standard of Excellence Jazz Ensemble Method
First Place for Jazz
Complete repertoire libraries from
Excelcia Music Publishing
YourScore Music Publishing
Complete UIL listed repertoire from Kjos and Queenwood/Kjos
Selected band, jazz, orchestra, and choral repertoire from C.L. Barnhouse, CTS (Claude T. Smith Publications), Grand Mesa, Kendor, Wingert-Jones, and more.
Repertoire from featured composers including Steven Bryant, Jennifer Jolley, John Mackey, Wayne Oquin, Randall Standridge, James Stephenson, Omar Thomas
Library of standard literature and etudes in the public domain